Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Only three ingredients and this makes the best tasting meat. Even though the recipe title says "pot roast", I think hoagie sandwiches are the way to go. The recipe wasn't clear on amounts or how much(or servings for that matter) so I did a little guessing....
- Cut some slits in roast and insert garlic slivers.
- Place beef in crock-pot.
- Dump peppers and all of the juice on top.
- Cook all day on low for 10 hours.
- For serving, just slice and serve or make hoagie sandwiches.
- When meat is cool, fork shred beef.
- Serve shredded beef and the (now meaty) peperoncini peppers with the rest of your favorite hoagie toppings.
- *Just wanted to add that this meat goes great with all your Mexican dishes too, tacos. burritos, enchiladas. I just love it!
This is the best and easiest pot roast ever. We served it on toasted hoagie rolls with provelone. It is even better the next day. I'm not crazy about how it smells when it is cooking (kinda like warmed sauerkraut), but the taste is mmmmmmmmm.
We love this. Actually haven't met a single adult who doesn't. I usually add a heaping tablespoon of garlic. Sometimes I will add another jar of pepperocini peppers. We like to serve of French rolls with a bit of horseradish sauce too.
This was outstanding! Made the hoagie sandwiches per your suggestion. Topped the buns with the shredded beef, onion, the cooked pepperoncini and swiss cheese. I then broiled the hoagies just long enough to melt the cheese. Thanks for the keeper Ridgley.