Recipe by MarraMamba
Actually a shrimp one but you can add or take away bits. A wonderful recipe for a hot day, from an aussie chef.
Top Review by CraftScout
This was REALLY good! I love all the colors in this salad, and well, with shrimp, what's not to like? The real star is definitely the dressing, though. I LOVE sweet chili sauce, but never thought of using it in salad dressing. It made a slightly sweet, slightly spicy dressing I will be making more often! Thank you for sharing, made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (try Blue Dragon best)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 198 g sweetcorn with bell peppers, drained
- 140 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g cooked peeled tiger shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- GET THE EGGS COOKING: Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Gently lower in the eggs and boil for 8 minutes, then lift them out and plunge them into a bowl of cold water until you need them.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Finely slice the spring onions on the diagonal, then mix them into the dressing.
- LAYER UP THE DISH: Shell the eggs and slice into rounds. Pull the lettuce apart and divide the leaves between two plates. Spoon the sweetcorn on top of the lettuce and scatter the tomato halves on top. Finish with the prawns and egg slices and douse everything with the chilli dressing.