- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 20 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 minced onions or 3 tablespoons onion salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium glass or enamel lined sauce pan, over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion, and salt; saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- With the processor running, slowly add the vinegar.
- Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid.
- This sauce will keep for 6 months when stored in a refrigerator.