Recipe by Bergy
The Scotch melded with honey & lemon gives a wonderful mellow flavor to the chicken. You know, cooking with alcohol only adds flavor the alcohol evaporates (darn it). For a lovely presentation place all the skewers on a platter, decorated with sprigs of parsley WoW.
- 1⁄3 cup scotch
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 3 pieces horizontally, white tendons removed (leaving you with 24 pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 2 large lemons, scored and sliced
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 12 large green onions, cleaned, white parts only cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large green peppers, seeded, cut into 2 inch squares
- 2 large red peppers, seeded, cut into 2 inch squares
- fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With your food processor running (steel blade) drop the garlic into the feed tube and mince, add the oil, soy, scotch, honey, salt& pepper.
- Pour marinade into a large zip lock plastic bag (or use a glass bowl), add the chicken, lemon and veggies, flip the bag to coat everything evenly.
- Place in fridge for at least 6 hour or overnight, rotating the ingredients every now& again.
- Drain the veggies, chicken and lemon reserving the marinade.
- Using 6- 10" skewers, on each, thread a piece of chicken (accordion style or fold over as necessary), add a slice of lemon, green onion, red & green pepper pieces & a mushroom, repeat another 3 times.
- Place kabobs on an oil sprayed BBQ grill over medium-high heat, baste with the marinade.
- cook about 3 minutes on each side approximately 12 minutes in all.
- The chicken should be brown around the edges but do not over cook or you will end up with chicken that would put the Sahara to shame (you may broil the chicken if you wish).