These are my dad's (who I nicknamed "BB")favorite brownies. I make them for him for his birthday and Christmas. They are easy and very yummy! He's certainly not the only one to inhale them when I make them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt shortening with chocolate; remove from heat.
- 2Blend in sugar and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla; beat smooth.
- 3Stir together flour, soda, and 1/4 tsp salt; stir into batter.
- 4Spread into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; cool. Mix frosting and 2 tbsp peanut butter; spread on brownies.
- 5Top with chopped nuts; cut into bars. Makes 24.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bb's Peanut Butter Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 55.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g