Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are my dad's (who I nicknamed "BB")favorite brownies. I make them for him for his birthday and Christmas. They are easy and very yummy! He's certainly not the only one to inhale them when I make them!
- Melt shortening with chocolate; remove from heat.
- Blend in sugar and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla; beat smooth.
- Stir together flour, soda, and 1/4 tsp salt; stir into batter.
- Spread into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; cool. Mix frosting and 2 tbsp peanut butter; spread on brownies.
- Top with chopped nuts; cut into bars. Makes 24.