Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A delicous combination of flavours for a special dinner. This is a more complicated dish I serve to company.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 4 red chilies
- 2 slices white bread
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and deseeded
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 3 cardamom pods, split
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 swordfish steaks
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make gazpacho oil:.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, onion, garlic, capsicum, cucumber, chillis and bread and place in bowl.
- Pour over vinegar and toss well and marinate for 2 hours, then puree in blender until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- Add parsely and season.
- To make salsa:.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut pumpkin and onion into 1cm cubes.
- Toss pumpkin with cardamom pods, cardamom spice, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
- Place on baking tray and roast in oven turning frequently until pumpkin is nearly cooked, then add onion ofr the last 5 to 10 minutes to brown.
- Add salt and pepper and toss well.
- To cook fish:.
- Lightly season fish and cook over hot barbeque until cooked to your liking 5-10 minutes each side.
- To serve:.
- Place two large spoonfuls of salsa in middle of plate. Place fish on top and drizzle gazpacho oil over and around plate.