Recipe by Barb G.
You can have fun with this one! Create and personalize your own spice blends. Try other ingredients such as cocoa powder, cayenne pepper, jerk seasonings, mustard powder,orange zest.... the list goes on. I found this recipe in a pamplet from Foster Farms. Hope you enjoy it also.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground* (optional)
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed*
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spice Mix: Blend all dry ingredients,* Coriander and bay leaf can be ground in a spice or coffee grinder.
- Chicken: rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry, season chicken liberally with spice rub.
- To cook: Start gas grill or charcoal bbq; if using gas grill, turn one side down to a low heat while keeping the other side on med/high, If using charcoal grill push coals to one side.
- Place chicken breast on the grill( away from the fire) skin side up; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes(Check to make sure there is no flare ups if using a gas grill).
- Turn chicken over onto direct heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is well browned, and cooked through, enjoy.