1/2 Photos of BBQ'd Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast
Barb Gertz's Note:
You can have fun with this one! Create and personalize your own spice blends. Try other ingredients such as cocoa powder, cayenne pepper, jerk seasonings, mustard powder,orange zest.... the list goes on. I found this recipe in a pamplet from Foster Farms. Hope you enjoy it also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground* (optional)
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed*
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1Spice Mix: Blend all dry ingredients,* Coriander and bay leaf can be ground in a spice or coffee grinder.
- 2Chicken: rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry, season chicken liberally with spice rub.
- 3To cook: Start gas grill or charcoal bbq; if using gas grill, turn one side down to a low heat while keeping the other side on med/high, If using charcoal grill push coals to one side.
- 4Place chicken breast on the grill( away from the fire) skin side up; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes(Check to make sure there is no flare ups if using a gas grill).
- 5Turn chicken over onto direct heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is well browned, and cooked through, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1904.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 31.3 g