Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this BBQ'd Pork With Tequila Chili Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (7 -8 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bulb of garlic (cut in half across the clove)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deribbed, and diced
- 1 tequila sunrise chili pepper, seeded and diced (or 1-inch 2 small serranos or 1 jalapeno, can be substituted)
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons mixed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 -8 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange, chopped
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch marjoram
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup molasses
- kernels cut from 2 ear of corn
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 2 tequila sunrise chilies, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 lime, juiced
- 1⁄4 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 sprigs marjoram, chopped
- 2 sprigs basil, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons beef demi-glace
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (mixture of endive, radicchio, and bibb)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 3 blue corn tortillas, cut into thin strips and crispy fried
- Pork: Trim tenderloins of any fat and silver skin. Cut each into 2 inch sections and place them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with the flat side of a cleaver or with the bottom of a heavy pan until 1/2 inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Sauce: Heat olive oil in a heavy sauce pan over med-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and papers and chilies and saute, stirring frequently, until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent. Add peppercorns, coriander, bay leaf, tomatoes, parsley, lemon, lime, and orange and stir to combine. Cook over med heat for 20 minutes, or until the fruit is soft, stirring frequently. Add the Cabernet and vinegar and raise the heat to high, cooking until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes, then add the molasses and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for an additional few minutes.
- Puree the sauce in small batches in a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade and strain. Cool to room temperature, then add the pork and refrigerate until needed, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Relish: Saute the corn, minced peppers and chilies, shallots, and garlic in the olive oil over med heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt, pepper, and coriander. Remove from the heat and deglaze with tequila and Grand Marnier. Add the fruit juices and vinegar and stir in the demi-glace, if used. Stir in the fresh herbs and keep warm.
- To Cook: Light a charcoal grill. Remove the pork from the marinade ad place over hot coals. Cook only long enough for the marinade to brown and caramelize, about 2 minutes on a side.
- To Serve: Cover warm plates with the shredded lettuces. Place grilled pork down the center of each plate, overlapping each other slightly. Add the sauteed pepper relish around the pork and decorate the plate with the black beans and tortilla strips.