Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Simple but what a way to use left over Pork roast.. Try it you may even like it!
- 8 slices sandwich bread or 8 slices hot dog buns, buttered
- 1⁄2 cup pitted chopped prune, softened in hot water and mashed with a fork
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or other tasty cheese)
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 4 slices of left over roast pork (generous slices)
- Butter the bread (buns and lay them on your counter open).
- Mix the cheese with the softened, mahed prunes, mix well.
- Spread the prune mixture on one slice of the bread or one side of the bun and on the remaining sides of bread/bun spread the red current jelly.
- Place the roast pork slices in between.
- Lightly butter the outside of the sandwiches (bunwiches).
- BBQ over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned.