1/2 Photos of BBQ'd Pork Nachos
A great summer recipe. I got this from the cookbook, Get Grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pork, shredded bbq grilled or 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, grilled
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, ripe, roughly chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed, roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 7 ounces white corn tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup sour cream, plus additional
- sour cream, for garnish
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the meat with 1 cup of BBQ sauce and set aside.
- 2Coarsely mash the beans in a bowl with the lime juice, about half the Cajun Rub, and salt to taste. In another bowl, toss the tomatoes with the jalapenos and the 1/2 cup cilantro. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Scatter half the chips in a baking dish. Scatter the meat, beans, and 1/3 cup sour cream, and about half the tomato mixture over the chips. Cover with remaining chips, then scatter the remaining tomatoes, sauce, and Cajun Rub evenly over the chips. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over all.
- 4Bake the nachos until cheese melts and begin to brown (about 7 minutes). Serve warm, garnished with additional sour cream and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd Pork Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 1194.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white corn tortilla chips