Recipe by Bergy
This recipe was a runner up in the 1979 Gilroy Garlic Festival cookout submitted by Helen Headlee. It is wonderful
Top Review by loof
This made for some tasty grilled chicken! I used boneless skinless breasts and skewered them, otherwise made as directed. These had wonderful flavor and the chicken was very moist. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fryer, cut up
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In your blender or food processor combine a small amount of the yogurt, all the garlic and ginger, puree until smooth.
- stir in the remaining yogurt, add spices and mix well.
- Pour over your chicken and marinate overnight in the fridge, turn frequently to keep all sides in the matinade BBQ over medium heat 4-6" from heat or broil appr 25 minutes or until cooked depending on the size of the chicken pieces.