1/1 Photo of BBQ'd French Onions
This tastes like french onion soup off the bbq. A great appetizer with garlic bread to dip in the sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut both ends off the onion and remove the outer layer of skin.
- 2With either an apple corer or a vegetable peeler take out the core of the onion.
- 3With the onion sitting flat on cutting surface quarter cut the onion, without going all the way to the bottom.
- 4Put one bouillon cube in where the core came out of.
- 5Gently separate the quartered sections and spread butter in between each section adding the minced garlic.
- 6Spread the top of each onion with butter.
- 7Take heavy duty foil and carefully wrap and seal the onion.
- 8Place on hot bbq, close the lid and cook for 45-60 mins.
- 9When done place on plates with the foil intact.
- 10Open up and enjoy.
- 11It tastes just like French onion soup.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd French Onions
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 617.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g