This tastes like french onion soup off the bbq. A great appetizer with garlic bread to dip in the sauce!
- Cut both ends off the onion and remove the outer layer of skin.
- With either an apple corer or a vegetable peeler take out the core of the onion.
- With the onion sitting flat on cutting surface quarter cut the onion, without going all the way to the bottom.
- Put one bouillon cube in where the core came out of.
- Gently separate the quartered sections and spread butter in between each section adding the minced garlic.
- Spread the top of each onion with butter.
- Take heavy duty foil and carefully wrap and seal the onion.
- Place on hot bbq, close the lid and cook for 45-60 mins.
- When done place on plates with the foil intact.
- Open up and enjoy.
- It tastes just like French onion soup.