This tastes like french onion soup off the bbq. A great appetizer with garlic bread to dip in the sauce!
- Cut both ends off the onion and remove the outer layer of skin.
- With either an apple corer or a vegetable peeler take out the core of the onion.
- With the onion sitting flat on cutting surface quarter cut the onion, without going all the way to the bottom.
- Put one bouillon cube in where the core came out of.
- Gently separate the quartered sections and spread butter in between each section adding the minced garlic.
- Spread the top of each onion with butter.
- Take heavy duty foil and carefully wrap and seal the onion.
- Place on hot bbq, close the lid and cook for 45-60 mins.
- When done place on plates with the foil intact.
- Open up and enjoy.
- It tastes just like French onion soup.
wonderful idea going to try this way soon Thanks.Ken
I thought this is a lovely way to serve onions, but DH wasn't too keen. I used just 2 onions and 1 bouillon cube cut into two. I loved the sweetness of the onion with the garlicky and slightly salty juice in the foil. DH said next time he would open up the foil for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time to crisp it up a bit. Thank you, Susang, for sharing this wonderful recipe! :)