Recipe by Bergy
This is what I call a sophisticated adult pizza! Wonderful subtle taste. If you are not too fond of Basil don't use it but I think it makes this pizza, if you can't get provolone cheese use all mozzarella Serve with a green salad
Top Review by Izzy Knight
Thank you Bergy, this was an absolutely outstanding pizza! My semolina pizza crust is famous around the block, but your cornmeal/whole wheat combination was two-thumbs-way-up. I also added some dry oregano to the crust. I also like the fact that it calls for yogurt instead of sour cream - i think the crust is more moist this way. I guess the only thing I'd do differently next time is not to add this much cheese. I am a cheese lover, but I think too much cheese for this pizza doesn't do it justice ;p Loved this!
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, cored,halved,seeded and cut into wedges,then halve the wedge
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally,1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the whole wheat, white flour and cornmeal, add baking soda and baking powder.
- Combine yogurt with the oil, pour over the flour mixture, stirring it with a fork- be gentle.
- On a well floured surface knead the mixture;ightly into a ball cover and let stand while you prepare the topping (cut tomatoes etc etc).
- Roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Transfer to a 12" greased pizza pan.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of the cheese right on the dough and right to the edge.
- Top with Tomatoes, artichokes and olives.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Have BBQ medium hot and place pan 5-6" above the heat, close cover.
- Rotate the pan every 3 minutes for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is crisp& golden and the cheese is melted Sprinkle with the fresh basil.