Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
It's getting time to dust off the old BBQ.This is really simple and easy to fix. I like to make a double batch of the sauce, then marinate the chicken in some. Then I have some for basting and some to pass at the table. I usually use chicken breasts with the bone and skin attached, and thighs, since they are my favorite part. Just remember to adjust the cooking time if you make anything other than what's listed here. Sometimes I will add soy sauce to the ingredients, and if I choose to marinate, I will add 1-2 Tbsp. oil to the ingredients so the chicken retains it's juiciness. Add what you like! That's the best part of cooking-- Enjoy! Times do not include marinating, or for using larger pieces of chicken pieces.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lime rind (make sure to not use the white part, the pith, it's bitter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Coat the food rack with the cooking spray. Place food rack over medium-hot coals(350°to 400°).
- Place chicken on food rack, and brush with half of the marmalade mixture.
- Cook, covered with the grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°) for 6 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining mixture; cook 6 minutes or until done.