1/5 Photos of BBQ'd Cheeseburger Pizza
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #355072's Note:
So this recipe isn't to be confused with one that has the ingredients cooked on the bbq, this is for cooking your pizza on the bbq. Last summer, a friend did this and it was amazing so I've made a few different styles. This one came to me when discussing what to have for dinner, pizza or burgers on the bbq. Why not both? The crust on the pizza comes out really nice, with grill marks and is extra crunchy. The technique here is really all you need to know when making this pizza. Toppings are whatever you want or like. One of the best pizza's I ever made was a Thanksgiving turkey dinner pizza. Once you get the technique down, the world's your oyster. Hmmm, oysters...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough (homemade preferably but store-bought is fine)
- 1/2-3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, finely diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat a fry pan until hot and add your ground beef, yellow mustard, garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. Cook until browned, drain and set aside to cool.
- 2In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, French dressing and dill relish.
- 3Roll out your pizza so that it will fit on half of your bbq.
- 4Preheat your bbq with all grills on high for 15 minutes.
- 5Clean your grill with a wire brush. Take a paper towel and dip it in vegetable oil. Using a pair of tongs, wipe your oil over the entire grill.
- 6You want one side of your bbq on and one side off. So if you have a 4 burner grill, turn off the two burners on the igniter side. If you have a three burner grill, turn of the burner on the igniter side and the middle burner. If you have a 2 burner grill, turn off the 1 burner on the igniter side.
- 7Gently place your pizza dough on the side of the bbq where the burners are off and close the lid. You want to cook your pizza for about 10-15 minutes, until the dough has risen and there are nice grill marks on the bottom.
- 8Turn off the other side of the bbq and flip your dough over onto that side. Relight the igniter side of the bbq as above.
- 9Spread your bbq sauce over the pizza. Using a spoon, place dollops of your mayonnaise mixture all over the pizza.
- 10Spread the ground beef, tomato, onion, and dill pickle over the pizza. Top with the two cheeses. You'll want to assemble your pizza fairly quickly to get the lid back down.
- 11Cook for another 15-20 minutes, until your cheese is melted and the bottom of the crust is cooked through.
- 12Remove from the bbq and top with the shredded lettuce.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd Cheeseburger Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.1
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 1258.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pizza dough