Cindy Lynn's Note:
Sometimes I just luck out and come up with a winner in my house the very first time...this was one of those times and my family has decided this should become my new BBQ sauce/marinade of choice! Thank goodness I wrote down the ingredients as I went!!! Prep time includes marinating for up to 24 hours. This freezes well and will do up to three pounds of beef ribs, so feel free to make plenty up for those cookouts this summer. It should also keep for 2 or 3 days refrigerated (remember there are no additives or preservatives).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -3 lb beef rib (we prefer boneless)
- 4 cups canned tomatoes (fresh is fine if available in season)
- 1 fresh onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh french tarragon leaf (1 1/2 teaspoons dry leaves)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (or more, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh greek oregano leaves (1 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves)
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more, if desired, but certainly not less)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground (if you like it really hot, add more!)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Run tomatoes through blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2Combine tomatoes and all ingredients except the beef ribs in 2 quart non-reactive pot such as stainless steel.
- 3NOTE: It is best to use an aluminum or copper clad pan for even heat distribution and to avoid hot spots, which will lead to sticking and possibly scorching.
- 4Bring tomato mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Pour contents through sieve to strain out seeds and chunks (I stirred gently with a spoon to press more pulp through sieve a little more quickly).
- 6Allow to cool to room temperature.
- 7Place beef ribs in marinade and marinate for at least four hours, but over-night is better.
- 8If you are limited on time and have an injector, you can inject the beef ribs (if using boneless) rather than marinating.
- 9Place on pre-heated gas grill, or prepared charcoal grill and cook until desired doneness, basting frequently with marinade.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ'd Beef Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 1840.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: