Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a spur of the moment dinner for my husband and myself this week from ingredients on hand. It is a good weeknight/worknight meal when you are short on time. I will probably double the recipe next time, as my husband and I had to flip a coin to see who got the leftovers for lunch!
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked turkey sausage (regular would probably work)
- 2 (3 ounce) bags boil-in-the-bag rice (such as Success Rice)
- 9 -18 ounces bottled barbecue sauce (I used KC Masterpiece original)
- Cut sausage into pieces.
- Place sausage into non-stick skillet on medium heat and brown, stirring/turning often, until sausage begins to brown slightly.
- Turn heat to low-medium and continue to brown/"fry.
- Start the boil-in-bag rice according to package directions.
- After you have started the rice, add BBQ sauce to sausage in skillet.
- (add to your taste).
- Turn heat to low and continue to stir the sausage/bbq sauce mix.
- When rice is finished according to package directions, remove from bags into bowl.
- Place serving of rice on plate, then cover with serving of sausage/bbq mix.
- I added extra bbq sauce to taste when serving.