Recipe by Cookin'Diva
The secret to this tender, flavor-packed BBQ meatloaf is the boxed cornbread stuffing mix! Beginning cooks will love the convenience, but so will any cook with a keen eye for a healthy, quick entree. TIP: We eat one meatloaf for dinner, and I freeze the second one for another meal.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
This is Now our Only Meatloaf recipe!! I cann't believe how moist and delicious it is. Because of the BBQ sauce it looks like beef and yiu could fool anyone. I used Mr Turkey, Turkey and Mr. Turkey Patty Sausage.I also used the BBQ Sauce you recomended. Fantastic. 2 weeks later people are still talking about it. Thanks!!!!
- 16 ounces ground turkey
- 8 ounces turkey sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix (StoveTop type, dry, I like "Cornbread" type)
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1 1⁄4 cups barbecue sauce (like KC Masterpiece Original)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground turkey into large mixing bowl. If sausage is in links, remove casings and crumble sausage into bowl.
- Add 1 cup dry stuffing mix (about half a box), egg and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce (save 1/4 cup to glaze tops of meatloaves).
- Mix gently; divide in two. Pat into two loaves in a greased/sprayed 9x13 pan (see photo provided).
- Use remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to spoon over tops of loaves. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Option: this meatloaf could easily be made with lean ground beef and sausage, but it is SO delicious with the lower-fat ingredients that you should give it a try!