Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The secret to this tender, flavor-packed BBQ meatloaf is the boxed cornbread stuffing mix! Beginning cooks will love the convenience, but so will any cook with a keen eye for a healthy, quick entree. TIP: We eat one meatloaf for dinner, and I freeze the second one for another meal.
- 16 ounces ground turkey
- 8 ounces turkey sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix (StoveTop type, dry, I like "Cornbread" type)
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1 1⁄4 cups barbecue sauce (like KC Masterpiece Original)
- Crumble ground turkey into large mixing bowl. If sausage is in links, remove casings and crumble sausage into bowl.
- Add 1 cup dry stuffing mix (about half a box), egg and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce (save 1/4 cup to glaze tops of meatloaves).
- Mix gently; divide in two. Pat into two loaves in a greased/sprayed 9x13 pan (see photo provided).
- Use remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to spoon over tops of loaves. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Option: this meatloaf could easily be made with lean ground beef and sausage, but it is SO delicious with the lower-fat ingredients that you should give it a try!
This is Now our Only Meatloaf recipe!! I cann't believe how moist and delicious it is. Because of the BBQ sauce it looks like beef and yiu could fool anyone. I used Mr Turkey, Turkey and Mr. Turkey Patty Sausage.I also used the BBQ Sauce you recomended. Fantastic. 2 weeks later people are still talking about it. Thanks!!!!
I really liked this recipe, but my husband didn't agree. He thought it was tasted a bit too much like BBQ sauce. Maybe if I make it again I'll use part milk and part BBQ sauce. I used the cornbread stuffing and really liked it. Overall I was really pleased with the result, but will have to tweak it a little to suit my hubby's tastes. Thanks for the great recipe.
My previous mention of the seasoning packet was incorrect. There is none!! Made this for dinner last night and everyone enjoyed it. In my area ground turkey only comes in 20oz pkgs so I used all of it. I chose the regular ground turkey (light and dark meat) instead of the leaner all white meat. I added three turkey sausages and the entire box of cornbread stuffing mix. The result was a nice moist meatloaf with great flavor. I had not used KC Masterpiece before. It is very flavorful, a bit sweet, and extremely thick which helped to put a nice glaze on the meat. This is a keeper.