Recipe by mtodryk
My wife has told me to only cook turkey like this from now on.
Top Review by jasonjamie
This was my fourth time using this recipe, and thought I should finally write a review! It is the best Turkey i have ever tasted and have now converted my whole family and co-workers to cooking it this way. I used what ever spices I have on hand, but ALWAYS use the broth and oranges. Amazing recipe!
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 13 lbs whole turkey
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 oranges, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, chili powder, and butter.
- Clean turkey. Separate skin on turkey. Smear butter mixture on turkey, inside and out.
- Quarter oranges and insert in turkey.
- Put 2 cups broth, onions, and carrot in roasting pan. Place turkey on roasting rack in pan. Grill over indirect medium heat until done, about 3 hours.
- When done, let rest for 30 minute and then carve.