Prep 5 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Great for a summer BBQ with the sweet warm hints of summer blackberries this is one of my family's favorites.
- 2 lbs tri-tip roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons beef roast seasoning
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 onion, wedges
- 7 carrots, whole
- 3 potatoes, large and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- With a fork scrape the surface of the meat on all sides.
- Work 1 tbsp of olive oil into the meat on each side then sprinkle generously the garlic salt, pepper and roast seasoning over the roast. Set a side.
- In a large casserole dish or oven/marinating bad combine the beef broth, blackberry wine, rosemary and all the veggies.
- Place the roast into the marinade and veggies and allow to sit at least 4 hours. You can prepare this a day before and allow the roast to marinate in the fridge over night.
- Get your coals ready and I like them to be gray before I put the meat on.
- On a large sheet of aluminum place all the veggies in the center. Fold up the edges of the aluminum to create a pocket. Make sure your creases are folded tightly so none of the juices can leek out.
- Put the veggies on the grill and flip every 15 minutes.
- After you have flipped the veggies twice it is time to put the meat on. Grill the meat till the all the sides are dappled with charring.
- Continue to cook the veggies for another 15-30 minutes while the roast is cooking. All should be done around the same time.
- Once removed allow the roast to sit for 10 minutes. Carve and serve hot with the unwrapped veggies. Enjoy!
very good ad fresh black berry's and this dish is to die for
This recipe was soooo good! So easy to throw everything together...it truly was a one dish meal with very little clean up. The meat came so tender and flavorful. The only changes I made was I used pino noir instead of blackberry wine because I couldn't find it. It still had a berry flavor. Will defenitely make again!