Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These tomatoes are delicious on their own or as a separate side dish for any kind of meat off the grill. From the LCBO magazine.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tender thyme leaves
- Cut out stem of tomatoes, slice in half and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place on barbeque, cut-side down, over medium heat until slightly charred on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Tomatoes should be almost molten.
- Remove and serve with rice.
- Alternatively, chop the tomatoes and stir into the rice.
A very nice side dish, the BBQ gives them great flavor. To make a large batch to puree for tomato sauce or just to use diced in a pasta dish would be a great use for these also.
Followed recipes as is. It was quick to make, juicy and delicious! Love the taste of thyme in it. This was served with Recipe #305450, Recipe #312374 and Recipe #277280. Should have made more. Thanks! Made for JULY GRILLING & BBQ 2008.