Recipe by Bergy
If you wish you can put pepper pieces, small onions or mushrooms between the tofu. If you haven't tried tofu, try this recipe you may surprise yourself and like It.
Top Review by Pagda
This was easy to make but unfortunately my tofu kabobs did not soak up this marinade after 2 hours. Once on the grill, the tomato based marinade burned. I think this might be a wonderful marinade if the base were something other than tomato juice.
- 1 (1 lb) package extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice (or use spicy tomato)
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into 1 x 1 1/2" cubes and place in shallow dish.
- In a saucepan combine the tomato juice, oil, paprika, chili powder, oregano, thyme, mustard, Worcestershire sauce (be sure to use a brand that does not contain anchovies to make this recipe vegetarian), hot pepper, and salt & pepper.
- Heat until boiling.
- Brush all over the tofu so all sides are coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or you can marinate in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Thread tofu on four skewers.
- Place on greased grill and BBQ for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.