Recipe by Bergy
I made this recipe again last night and was a bit disappointed in it so I have adjusted the ingredients (4 June 07) and it should be tastier now. The recipe was originally for one of the RSC competitions
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was a mild straightforward dish, not as spicy as you might expect, I didn't really detect heat. I did seed my jalapeno, so if you like hot, leave seeds in or add more; if you don't like hot, don't worry. ;) The flavors of the artichokes pair nicely with the shrimp as if they were born to go together! All the other vegetables went nicely also. The cilantro gives a hint of flavor, also there is a hint of something almost citrus-like coming through, in the marinade. This is so delicious! The ramen, I did a simple pan-fry job on (you an do this after boiling, like hash browns); they went well together. There was no clash of taste. Great job, Bergy! Love your cooking! :)
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 jalapenos or 1 other hot pepper, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 24 raw tiger shrimp, peeled tail on
- 8 canned artichoke hearts
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper, cut into 4 squares 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut into 4 squares 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marinade and marinate the veggies for apprx 1 hour.
- Save the marinade (do not marinade the prawns) Thread the skewers alternating the prawns and veggies (EG mushroom, prawn, artichoke, prawn, tomato, prawn, red& green pepper, prawn. artichoke. prawn tomato, prawn, mushroom) Baste with the marinade and BBQ or broil 6" from heat source, medium-high heat Baste again while cooking.
- Cook until the prawns are just pink and the flesh is white (the veggies will be heated through too) Sprinkle each Kebab with parmesan cheese (remove skewer from the heat when you do this hold over plate) Return skewer to brown the cheese (only a minute).