Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A neat trick for BBQing the thighs is to place them in a wire BBQ frame used for fish, burgers etc then you can flip them all at once. Beautiful flavor, crisp skin Time does not include the marinade time. Serve as an appetizer then it serves 6 Note: The marinade time for 2 Hours is not included in the prep time.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, including stem
- 2 tablespoons thick soy sauce (there are various flavors)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar (omit if using a sweetened thick soy)
- Prick the thighs all over.
- Blend the garlic, ginger, coriander and peppercorns to a paste.
- and rub into the chicken.
- Wrap in plastic and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Mix soysauce& oil.
- Baste the chicken with the soy mixture.
- BBQ over medium heat until the outside is crisp and the inside is cooked.
- Brush with soy while cooking (apprx 20-25 minutes, Depends on the size of the thighs).
This was the star of our BBQ. Lots of yummy flavours. I have tried to contact Bergy today re the method for the peppercorns, and I'm sure she'll alter it. Personally, I crushed them and added them to the chicken when I added the garlic, ginger and coriander.
Very good. Will be making this often.
The prep / cook time is deceiving...you need to add 2 hours for the fridge to marinate the chicken. Other than that, the recipe was great. I ended up baking the chicken in the oven 350 for 40 minutes and then seared it on the BBQ for about 5 minutes each side on high heat. VERY TENDER AND JUICY! got lots of compliments on this recipe from friends and family. I would probably use chicken breast instead of thighs. Just a personal preference.