PSU Lioness's Note:
I found the basis to this recipe on the 10 Minute Success Rice website and added to it to bulk it up a little bit. I love Tex Mex anything and I'm really trying to get my family (okay, my kids) to eat more rice. Anything with BBQ sauce in it does the trick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bag success brown rice or 1 bag success white rice
- 1 lb smoked beef sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can golden sweet corn
- 1 c bottled hickory smoked barbecue sauce
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions. 1 bag makes about 2 cups.
- 2Heat olive oil over Medium heat. Add onions and peppers and saute until almost tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Brown sausage slices in a large skillet (we used kielbasa) over Med/High heat.
- 4Add rice, veggies, beans and BBQ sauce to the skillet. Add enough BBQ sauce to make it to your liking. We use about a cup because we like it saucy.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5-7 minutes), taking care to scrape the bottom of the pan so the rice doesn't stick.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Tex-Mex Sausage and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked beef sausage