Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found the basis to this recipe on the 10 Minute Success Rice website and added to it to bulk it up a little bit. I love Tex Mex anything and I'm really trying to get my family (okay, my kids) to eat more rice. Anything with BBQ sauce in it does the trick!
- 1 bag success brown rice or 1 bag success white rice
- 1 lb smoked beef sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) cangolden sweet corn
- 1 c bottled hickory smoked barbecue sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions. 1 bag makes about 2 cups.
- Heat olive oil over Medium heat. Add onions and peppers and saute until almost tender (about 5 minutes).
- Brown sausage slices in a large skillet (we used kielbasa) over Med/High heat.
- Add rice, veggies, beans and BBQ sauce to the skillet. Add enough BBQ sauce to make it to your liking. We use about a cup because we like it saucy.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5-7 minutes), taking care to scrape the bottom of the pan so the rice doesn't stick.