Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great St. Louis style pizza!!!
Make and share this BBQ Style Chick Pizza Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked chicken breast, chunks
- 4 ounces barbecue sauce
- 4 ounces Provel cheese (use PROVEL cheese, see Provel Cheese (St. Louis)
- Preheat oven to 460 degrees.
- Place crust onto pizza stone in oven and bake 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile on stovetop or microwave, warm the bbq sauce up a little for easier spreading.
- Remove crust and apply the bbq sauce (however much you really want).
- Then apply small pieces of chicken and top with cheese. (however much you want.).
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
- Remove and slice into squares.
Great tasting pizza! I made this on a thin crust using Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza and it was just great. Here in southeast TX I can't get Provel cheese (seems to be a St Louis thing) but I did some research and found that it's a processed blend of cheddar, swiss and provolone. Trying to get a similar taste/texture for my pizza I blended some Laughing Cow processed swiss cheese, shredded mild cheddar, and sliced provolone in my food processor and used that to top the pizza. I can't say how that compares to real Provel but I can say it was delicious on the pizza and a great flavor combo with the BBQ sauce and chicken. Loved this pizza - thanks for sharing your recipe!
So simple and delicious. I used grilled boneless chicken thighs seasoned with "Zatarain's Creole Seasoning" and..just because I had half and avocado I wanted to used up, I chopped it up on top before serving the pizza. I really liked the combo.
I'd never had a chicken pizza before, this sounded interesting and it had two 5 star reviews so I had to try it. I made my own pizza dough with garlic and Italian seasoning in it and added some shaved onion between the bbq sauce and cooked chicken. It came out looking quite nice but sadly, through NO fault of this recipe, I discovered that I don't care for chicken pizza. I used 4 cheese Italian mix cheese. The sauce was tasty and the cheese yummy but for me the chicken got lost and didn't really add any flavor at all. Please don't let my review stop you from trying it if you already know that you enjoy chicken pizza. If you haven't try a slice or a bite and decide if chicken pizza is for you.