Recipe by nochlo
This is a great St. Louis style pizza!!!
Top Review by loof
Great tasting pizza! I made this on a thin crust using recipe #70165 and it was just great. Here in southeast TX I can't get Provel cheese (seems to be a St Louis thing) but I did some research and found that it's a processed blend of cheddar, swiss and provolone. Trying to get a similar taste/texture for my pizza I blended some Laughing Cow processed swiss cheese, shredded mild cheddar, and sliced provolone in my food processor and used that to top the pizza. I can't say how that compares to real Provel but I can say it was delicious on the pizza and a great flavor combo with the BBQ sauce and chicken. Loved this pizza - thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked chicken breast, chunks
- 4 ounces barbecue sauce
- 4 ounces Provel cheese (use PROVEL cheese, see Provel Cheese (St. Louis)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 460 degrees.
- Place crust onto pizza stone in oven and bake 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile on stovetop or microwave, warm the bbq sauce up a little for easier spreading.
- Remove crust and apply the bbq sauce (however much you really want).
- Then apply small pieces of chicken and top with cheese. (however much you want.).
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
- Remove and slice into squares.