Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
These are some of the weirdest little things I've ever created, but they sure are good! These are a great side to take to a potluck or BBQ. They are also a perfect main course next to some potatoe salad and baked beans.
Top Review by coconutcream
This was just ok. I wasn't crazy about the amount of ricotta in the shells...next time I'll either reduce that or mix something else in with it (cottage cheese or mozzarella, perhaps) to change the flavor. I used ground beef and cheddar cheese - I think I'll use more cheddar next time! I had a lot of leftover shells that wouldn't fit in the dish and that I didn't have enough meat left to fill anyway. All in all those, this was pretty tasty and certainly not a bad dinner.
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef or 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce (You can use more to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, cobly jack or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 9"-13" pan with greased foil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook shells until al dente.
- Brown the ground beef or chicken breasts until fully cooked.
- If using chicken, shred the meat and stir in the BBQ sauce, and set aside.
- If using beef, just stir in the BBQ sauce, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta and egg.
- Drain the pasta and fill each one, half way full, with the ricotta.
- Fill the rest of the way full with meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes then sprinkle on the cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.