Recipe by gregory schulte
this littleg uys are great for tailgating and for appitisers when your waiting for the steaks to get done. originallly from a marborlo cookbook with minor changes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 15 large jalapeno peppers
- 15 slices bacon, cut in half widthwise
- 30 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- mix cream cheese, cajun spice, and garlic powder together make sure they are well mixed.
- (you can add more cajun spice to give these guys a real kick).
- remove stems from jalapenos and cut lengthwise remove all the seeds and as much of the white veins as possible to allow room for filling.
- fill each jalapeno half with some cream cheese mixture.
- wrap a half slice of bacon around the half and secure with a toothpick.
- when coals are ready place jalapenos on the grill filling side up and cook for 10 minutes or until bacon is done (changed color and sizzling).
- these little guys can get real hot if you want them to or they can be as mild as i make them.
- just be sure to mix the cream cheese mix well or you will get a few hot and the rest mild.