Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this littleg uys are great for tailgating and for appitisers when your waiting for the steaks to get done. originallly from a marborlo cookbook with minor changes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 15 large jalapeno peppers
- 15 slices bacon, cut in half widthwise
- 30 toothpicks
- mix cream cheese, cajun spice, and garlic powder together make sure they are well mixed.
- (you can add more cajun spice to give these guys a real kick).
- remove stems from jalapenos and cut lengthwise remove all the seeds and as much of the white veins as possible to allow room for filling.
- fill each jalapeno half with some cream cheese mixture.
- wrap a half slice of bacon around the half and secure with a toothpick.
- when coals are ready place jalapenos on the grill filling side up and cook for 10 minutes or until bacon is done (changed color and sizzling).
- these little guys can get real hot if you want them to or they can be as mild as i make them.
- just be sure to mix the cream cheese mix well or you will get a few hot and the rest mild.
Fabulous! Will reduce my cajun seasoning t 1 t next time b/c a bit too salty for me but otherwise great flavor! Keeper, TYTYTY!
These were pretty good. I used turkey bacon but followed the directions otherwise. Next time I will add shredded cheese to the cream cheese.
Took these to a tailgate this past weekend and they were gone as soon as they were grilled! We needed to flip them to fully cook the bacon and I highly recommend using a skewer through the middle of multiple poppers, it made turning that much easier!! I also added about a cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese to the filling as I'm a cheese addict.