Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Looking for a savory seasoned sandwich ? Stop here. Round steak cubes smothered with ketchup and BBq sauce with a hnt of apple flavor topped with seasonings and celery seeds.
- 680.38 g round steaks, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce
- 1 green pepper, quartered, seeded, and diced
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml celery seed, toasted
- 59.14 ml Pepsi, regular
- 1 red pepper, quartered, seeded, and diced
- 4 (24 inch) French baguettes, split, and toasted
- 59.16 ml honey mustard
- 29.58 ml apple juice
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 88.74 ml olive oil, divided
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey mustard, apple juice, and then add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add pepper, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the steak cubes to the skillet, and cook turning only once, leaving hardly any pink (about 2 minutes), and transfer to a plate.
- Leave in skillet, and stir in ketchup, barbecue sauce, and pepsi.
- Saute green and red peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Toast celery seeds for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on banquettes.
I must admit that I was confused by the instructions in this recipe. I added everything to the BBQ sauce when ready and served it on Hoagie buns and also on Baguette. It was difficult to eat, we had to use a knife and fork. The sauce was delicious the meat a little tough. All said the flavor was nice, a good use of contest ingredients. Good luck in the contest.