Prep 2 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is a great sandwich for summer outdoor grilling but it can be made any time using an indoor grill or your broiler. You might need a bit more BBQ sauce than ask for.
- 453.59-680.38 g beef flank steak (1-1 1/2 lbs, depending on how much meat you want in the sandwich's)
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (garlic mayo if you can get it!)
- 4 French baguettes, split, toasted (6 inch)
- 4 lettuce leaves (green or red leaf lettuce is best)
- Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill steak 8 to 10 mins on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF).
- Grill peppers 2 to 3 mins on each side or until crisp-tender, brushing both with barbecue sauce for the last few minutes. Thinly slice steak and peppers.
- Spread baguettes with mayo and fill with lettuce, steak and peppers.
YUM! Love this recipe!! You can't beat fresh steak in a toasted bun and those peppers as well - just divine!
Really really yummy! I didn't use mayonnaise but I added a little extra BBQ, and it was delicious! I think that pan-frying the peppers would be a good idea but this definitely worked, too!
Totally delish...wonderfully simple and oh so yummy. I think next time I will follow 2Bleu's lead and pan fry the peppers with the sauce and add some onion too. I can see this becoming a habit in this house...we really loved it (especially DH!!). Thanks Annacia...made for PRMR.