Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The secret is the dry rub
Make and share this BBQ Steak Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef
- 1 yellow onion, cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- The Rub:.
- mix ingredients and pour over steak in a plastic storage bag.
- shake vigoursly and store in fridge for at least an hour prior to grilling. (the longer the better).
- Grill the steak over medium high heat , approximately 6 minutes/side.
- At grill, pull steak off and slice in 1/4 in strips. If needed throw back on the grill for another minute or so.
- Goal is not to over cook.
- Move inside to cook steak in a frying pan.
- Oil pan, add onions and pepper strips.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Squeeze lime juice over veggies.
- Drop in steak strips and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minute DO NOT OVERCOOK STEAK!
- Microwave tortillas for 1.5 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, guac and salsa.
- a Frosty Margarita is a perfect partner for this spicy entree. Enjoy!