Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using this marinade/spray will insure that your grilled meats are tender and tasty every time. Try it on beef or pork ribs, beef brisket, pork butt or chicken. You'll love the results!
- Mix ingredients together and add to a clean spray bottle.
- Spray and "wet" your BBQ meat.
- Seal the meat in a plastic bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill the meat over indirect heat according to your recipe, spraying every 15minutes during the cooking time.
- Remove meat from grill and serve.
This really is a great barbecue tip. I've used this spray twice this month with great results.
Yup, it does work, and is a much better method than using a mop, which tends to drown your coals (I only bbq with charcoal!). Also, I have tried using mop recipes in a spray bottle only to have the "dissolved" spices clog the sprayer and render it useless. Not so with this one - no spices! So now I just use a rub to season the meat before grilling, and spray with this concoction to moisten and flavor as we go. Great tip!
I'm new to grilling on charcoal by myself, and this worked really well. I seasoned a rib eye steak and let it sit for awhile to meld flavors. This spray kept it nice and moist. I really liked review by steve in Fl in that spices clogged up his sprayer - so this is the way that I will go from now on. Thanks Greg in San Diego for sharing a new favorite. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.