Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe allows you to use a less expensive steak and still have delicious tender meat. Good BBQ recipe. You can use pork or chicken in place of beef.
- 6 (6 ounce) sirloin tip steaks (or whatever size steak you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thin sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- black pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with mustard powder.
- Mix remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Put steaks in a shallow pyrex dish (or other non metallic dish).
- Spoon half the marinade on top side of the steaks, turn steaks over and spoon remaining marinade on them.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Put steaks on a warm platter cover with tinfoil and let them rest for 10 min in a warm place.
The fresh herbs at our supermarket were less than desireable when I went shopping, so I used dried oregano and thyme instead with 6 sirloin steaks (totaling over 4 lbs). This was a pretty quick and easy recipe to make and we cooked the steaks on the grill for 7 minutes per side (since they were bigger steaks) and they came out perfectly medium rare and very juicy and tender. It was nice to save on a cheaper cut of meat, but still have a delicious meal!
Best seasoned steaks prize!!! We used top sirloin steaks and the seasoning was the best, sooo delicious and mouthwatering!! The combination of fresh herbs and spices was perfect. I left them in the marinade about 5 hours and the cook time was right on too. I'd like to try this combination as suggested also on chicken or pork chops, I'm sure it would be good. Thanks Bergy another great recipe!!