Recipe by Bergy
This recipe allows you to use a less expensive steak and still have delicious tender meat. Good BBQ recipe. You can use pork or chicken in place of beef.
Top Review by jenguinn_7248257
The fresh herbs at our supermarket were less than desireable when I went shopping, so I used dried oregano and thyme instead with 6 sirloin steaks (totaling over 4 lbs). This was a pretty quick and easy recipe to make and we cooked the steaks on the grill for 7 minutes per side (since they were bigger steaks) and they came out perfectly medium rare and very juicy and tender. It was nice to save on a cheaper cut of meat, but still have a delicious meal!
- 6 (6 ounce) sirloin tip steaks (or whatever size steak you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thin sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with mustard powder.
- Mix remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Put steaks in a shallow pyrex dish (or other non metallic dish).
- Spoon half the marinade on top side of the steaks, turn steaks over and spoon remaining marinade on them.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Put steaks on a warm platter cover with tinfoil and let them rest for 10 min in a warm place.