Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple vegan recipe can be cooked in no time at all on the BBQ, and served as a delicious side dish. You can vary the spice mixture used in this recipe to suit your own taste and it can also be brushed over raw slices of squash or eggplant and barbecued in the same way.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom seed
- sea salt, to taste
- Parboil the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes, until just tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into 1/4" slices, lengthways.
- Mix the olive oil and spices together, brush them over the slices of sweet potato and then place over hot barbecue coals for a few minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.