Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
In the September 2009 Australian magazine 'super food ideas', where it features as a Father's Day BBQ Spice Rub, this recipe is described as "perfect for Dad to sprinkle over beef rump steak or other favourite BBQ meats before cooking." I'd hope that any dads worth spoiling won't be expected to BBQ for all and sundry on Father's Day but will be spoilt rotten! But for anyone BBQing at any time, this sounds yummy so I'm posting it here for safe-keeping. Personally, I'll be leaving out the dried chilli flakes. But do feel free to crank up the heat if that's your preference! My only change was to add the black pepper, but I'm in two minds about this as it's perhaps better to add this at the time.
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons mild paprika
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper (optional -- you may prefer to add it at the time you're BBQing)
- Place ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine; spoon into an airtight jar and store in a cool, dark place for up to one month.