Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is a great way to BBQ a chicken to ensure it will be cooked through and juicy. It only takes 3/4 hr to finish before serving. Use whatever juice you like - cranberry, orange whatever. It looks divine and tase good too
- Do ahead: Clean& truss chicken (Tie legs together and secure wings) and place in a large pot, cover with water.
- Add salt, ginger, anisseed,onion& soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat ans simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain water from the chicken and leave it to cool completely.
- Mix honey and pineapple juice in a cup.
- BBQ Cooking: Thread the chicken onto a spit from the tail end coming out through the wishbone (Make sure it is balanced).
- Place over moderate heat with the spit rotating.
- Baste with the honey juice.
- Cook until golden about 3/4 hour.