1/1 Photo of BBQ Spice- Island Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
This is a great way to BBQ a chicken to ensure it will be cooked through and juicy. It only takes 3/4 hr to finish before serving. Use whatever juice you like - cranberry, orange whatever. It looks divine and tase good too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do ahead: Clean& truss chicken (Tie legs together and secure wings) and place in a large pot, cover with water.
- 2Add salt, ginger, anisseed,onion& soy sauce.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat ans simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Drain water from the chicken and leave it to cool completely.
- 5Mix honey and pineapple juice in a cup.
- 6BBQ Cooking: Thread the chicken onto a spit from the tail end coming out through the wishbone (Make sure it is balanced).
- 7Place over moderate heat with the spit rotating.
- 8Baste with the honey juice.
- 9Cook until golden about 3/4 hour.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Spice- Island Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 1606.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: