Recipe by SweetSueAl
A different way to cook spaghetti. The homemade BBQ sauce is delicious, but I suppose in a pinch you could use any pre-made sauce. From Down Home with the Neelys on Food Network (what would we do without that channel)!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lb pork or 1 lb beef or 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- For BBQ Sauce:.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 hours.
- For BBQ Spaghetti:.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the pepper and onion, until softened for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic salt.
- Add the BBQ sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the chopped meat.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to boil. Season liberally with salt and add spaghetti. Cook for 7 minutes, until al dente (firm but not hard) and drain. Toss spaghetti with sauce.