Recipe by cookiedog
In this recipe you can use leftover pork, beef, or chicken. Recipe courtesy The Neelys.
Top Review by Chef GreanEyes
pretty good! different taste for spaghetti. used up some left over pulled pork. bbq sauce was really good! added a touch of honey cuz the man said it needed to be a little sweeter. Im gonna add some red pepper flakes next time! thanks for posting cookiedog!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lb pork or 1 lb beef or 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb spaghetti
BBQ Sauce(use 3 and a half cups)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the pepper and onion, until softened for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic salt. Add the premade BBQ sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the chopped meat.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to boil. Season liberally with salt and add spaghetti. Cook for 7 minutes, until al dente (firm but not hard) and drain. Toss spaghetti with sauce.
- Neely's BBQ Sauce: In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 hours.
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups.