Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite my husband. He requested a pizza with BBQ sauce and he loves little smokies so this is what I came up with.
- 2 small prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 7 ounces Little Smokies sausages
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
additional toppings as desired
- tomatoes (optional)
- onion (optional)
- green pepper (optional)
- Prepare pizza crust according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook potatoes according to directions until almost done.
- Spread half the BBQ sauce on each pizza. Cut little smokies into quarters and disperse over pizzas.
- Disperse potatoes and any additional toppings. Top with cheese. A note here any smoke flavored cheese works great here but plain mozzarella works good too.
- Cook pizza in oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Adjust time and/or as needed according to pizza dough recipe if making from scratch.
What a great easy, but tasty pizza! I used whole wheat pizza dough, low cal bbq sauce, and used Hebrew National's 97% fat free hot dogs to make this a bit more healthy. This is a wonderful change from the normal red sauced based pizza. The potatoes were a great addition to the pizza as well. I plan on making many varations of this with diffrent types of leftover meats! I must say that this serves wayyyy more than four, with all of the toppings one slice filled me right up!