Recipe by Fairy Godmother
I got this from my sister. These cook while we are hiking. The smell welcomes you back to the campsite after a long day. You can use this on any type of meat.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pork rib racks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in a ziploc bag.
- Rub ribs with 1/3 of this mixture.
- Let sit overnight in fridge.
- Rub with 1/3 mixture again.
- Let sit at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Bring smoker to 200-220°F.
- Add ribs.
- Cook 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with rub 1/2 way through cooking.
- In last 45 minutes slather with BBQ sauce.
- These can also be BBQ'd on the grill if you do not have a smoker.