Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice spicy marinade sauce - don't just use it for veggies try it on chicken or other meats.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green pepper, seeded,cut into 8 pieces
- 8 button mushrooms
- 8 broccoli florets
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Thread veggies onto 4 skewers, alternate the veggies.
- Place skewers in a casserole dish.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and process for about 20 seconds.
- Pour over the skewered veggies.
- Marinate 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- BBQ Skewers about 4 minutes each side (Save the marinade for another day).
WooHoo Bergy!! This marinade is kickin. The mixture of spices is the best. I added some zucchini to the skewers. I used jalapeno peppers in the marinade. This one is loaded with flavor. DH, BIL and I would give this more than 5-stars if we could. Thank you, thank-you :D
I have grilled vegetable kebabs many times but these were truly the best. The secret is the marinade. A wonderful mixture and blend of flavors that was magic. The thyme and the onion were the most pronounced flavors but I could detect the underlying spices. Thanks for another wang dang doodle of a recipe. ;)
This was pretty good... the vegetables I used were onion wedges, pineapple chunks, yellow bell peppers, and roma tomato wedges. We really tasted the cinnamon a lot but it was good. I couldn't really get the veggies to marinate because the skewers were so long that it was diagonal in every dish I tried so next time I will marinate the veggies first and then skewer them. Not spicy for us at all, but still tasty.