Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
YUM Don't know where I got the recipe, but it is really good. Add a salad or pasta for a wonderful meal.
- 25 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Combine butter, olive oil, chili sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, liquid smoke, oregano, paprika, and Tabasco sauce. Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Turn to high and cook, stirring often about 5 minutes or until shrimp curl and turn pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Serve immediately with lots of napkins.
Excellent combination of spices. Reminds me of trips to N.OL.A. where this dish is not to be missed. I made as directed and it's spot on.