Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cuisine at Home, Issue 46. These little packets are wondeerful! A wonderful dish for rice to catch all the sauce.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 a lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 slices crusty French bread, buttered on both sides (1-inch thick)
- thin slices lemon, halved
- bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium.
- To prepare packets, tear a piece of foil to make a 20 x 12" sheet.
- Fold the sheet in half to form an 10 x 12" piece, then fold in half again.
- Saute garlic, herbs, flour, paprika, tomato paste, cayenne, and Old Bay in butter in a saucepan over medium heat about 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice, honey, Worcestershire, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Simmer to reduce and thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 cup sauce to a bowl to cool; keep remaining sauce warm on the stove.
- Toss shrimp in cooled sauce. Place a slice of buttered bread on half of each piece of prepared foil.
- Divide sauce-coated shrimp among bread slices.
- Top each with two slices of lemon and a bay leaf.
- Loosely fold the other of foil half over the filling until the ends meet.
- Tightly close the three open sides of the packet using a “double fold”—fold each seam over twice, firmly creasing to seal.
- Grill 8–10 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir scallions into the sauce.
- Open packets and drizzle with warm sauce before serving.