Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Royal Cafe, New Orleans One of New Orleans most Famous Dishes I haven't tried this yet but it sounds wonderful.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 24 large shrimp (Whole with the heads on) or 24 large prawns (Whole with the heads on)
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, lea & perrin
- 3 ounces beer
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a hot skillet put 1/8 pound of butter & 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- and cook for 10 seconds. Add shrimp, toss & cook for 1 minute. Add.
- garlic, rosemary & toss & cook for 1 minute. Add Lea & perrin &.
- squeeze lemon over shrimp, cook for 1 minute. Add beer & toss,.
- cooking until the beer boils. Add remaining butter & parsley until.
- butter emulsifies.
really good, but i added paprika instead of the black pepper and some crystal hot sauce to kick it up a notch :-)