Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of our all-time favorite recipes. I have made this often and it doesn't provide leftovers. WARNING: There is nothing low fat and/or healthy about this recipe. Don't even subject yourself to looking in the casserole dish after the sauce solidifies. It almost makes me feel guilty. Don't substitute margarine for the butter.
- 1 -2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crab boil
- Chop bacon and fry. Drain grease.
- Add 3 sticks butter and melt on low heat. Add remaining ingredients except shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a single layer in shallow casserole. Pour sauce over shrimp.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375.
- Serve with crusty french bread.
Wow! This smells so good. And...it tastes as good as it smells.
Umm, umm, umm!! I sauteed these on my stove-top as it was a bit warm here today to heat the oven and the flavor was amazing! I love the combination of spices and seasonibgs. Thanks for a keeper!