Recipe by HOTTOPOT
Super easy--I love serving this sandwiched between warm Texas toast with tater tots and my yummy sour cream ranch dip!! So much left over, great to pack and freeze for later.
Top Review by SmallTownGirl
I have made this several times. It's sooo easy and the flavor depends on what your favorite sauce is, naturaly. I have one cooking now and am using a vinegar and pepper sauce, similar to eastern NC style. Seems to cut the fat better, in my humble opinion. Great to make when the "butts" are on sale and you want good que. Many thanks for posting.
- 6 -7 lbs pork butt
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce (you pick flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry roast.
- Place in crock pot.
- Season to taste.
- Cover with 1 bottle bbq sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 6-7 hours (until meat fork tender/ falls apart).
- Carefully remove meat from crockpot- place in large baking pan; shred with two forks (removing any bone or fat).
- Pour out all but one cup liquid from crockpot; return meat to crockpot.
- Cover with second bottle bbq sauce,.
- Mix well; re-heat if necessary.